Tuesday, October 15, 2013

So Thankful!


  


Hello! When is the last time you noticed the beauty around you? I am so very thankful for the air I breathe, the beautiful colors of fall, and just all the little things we sometimes take for granted..

With that in mind.. I created this mixed media "folkart-ish" canvas..  I live in the heart of farm 
country so my inspiration came from a country drive I took.. All the rolling hills, crops ready to be harvested, pumpkin patches, and of course the changing trees, all in different stages.. It's all is soo beautiful..

I painted my background with acrylic paint, then detailed with oil pastel sticks... Later I stamped a few swirls and music notes for interest.





I used Linnie Blooms Canvas Tree Shape to add texture for the "country feel".. I painted it with acrylic paint as well.. 



 I added Linnie Blooms Leaf Shapes (colored with acrylic paint and distress inks)  to the top corner.. 




I finished with pumpkin, roses, moss, a few touches of orange, and a quote..

Hope you enjoyed my last fall project!! On to Christmas!!! Dont forget to check out Linnie Blooms Shop for all her mixed media goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment